Philadelphia, USA • December 2-6
- General Info
- Hotel & Travel
Eligibility for Exhibiting
The purpose of the exhibit program is to further the education of scientists working in the field of cell biology. Exhibits must be of an educational character. They must emphasize instruments, products, or services for use in teaching or research, books or other publications in scientific fields of relevance to attendees, or directly convey scientific research findings in areas of science represented by members of the ASCB.
The character of the exhibits is subject to approval by the Society. ASCB reserves the right even after a contract is received to refuse contracts not meeting standards required or expected, as well as the right to curtail or to close exhibits or parts of exhibits that reflect unfavorably on the character of the meeting. This applies to displays, literature, advertising, novelties, souvenirs, conduct of persons, etc.
Booth Selections and Assignments
ASCB uses an online interactive program that enables you to select your preferred booth size and location as well as proximity to other approved exhibitors. Since prime locations sell quickly we encourage you to make your selection as soon as you can.
The Society reserves the right to modify the floor plan and reassign exhibit space at its discretion if a change in the original assignment is necessary. Exhibit space is released first to Corporate Members and then to companies on the basis of their priority points.
Priority Points System
Priority points are earned according to the total amount spent with ASCB over the previous four calendar years. One point is earned for each $1,000 spent. In the event an exhibiting company merges with, buys, or is bought by another company, the highest number of points accumulated by any one of the original companies will prevail as the point total for the new concern.
- Corner: $3,500 (per 10’ x 10’ bordered by a front and side aisle)
- Inside: $3,200 (per 10’x 10’ bordered by a front aisle only)
- Special pricing is available for approved Startup and Non-Profit organization who book in designated areas
- Island Booth: start at $14,000 bordered on four sides by aisles (20’ x 20’ minimum)
- Interactive Conference Booth: start at $20,400 (a minimum space of 20’ x 30’) (enables exhibitor to host presentations within the booth, does not include furnishings)
Contract for Space
Exhibitors agree to accept and comply with the policies, rules, and regulations contained in this Exhibitor Prospectus and on the Society’s website, and all policies, rules, and regulations adopted after publication of the Exhibitor Prospectus. The acceptance of a contract by the Society and the payment for rental charges constitute a contract.
Full payment is due upon selection of your booth space via the online booking system in order to be included in the Meeting Program and website. Online payment can be made as indicated below:
- Payment types accepted: VISA, MasterCard, and American Express
- Society’s Tax ID # 39-605-4285
Exhibitors who cannot use the online booking system must contact Louise Campbell-Blair (Lcblair@ascb.org) to make alternative arrangements.
Exhibiting firms wishing to cancel space or reduce the size of their exhibit space are required to notify the ASCB in writing by the dates listed below to ASCB, 8120 Woodmont Avenue, Suite 750, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA. The date the written notice is received is considered the official cancellation date. It is the responsibility of the exhibitor to confirm that the cancellation has been received by the ASCB. Reduction of island space dimensions after assignments have been confirmed may result in relocation of the exhibit booth. The exhibitor is responsible for canceling any accommodation bookings.
The cancellation fee is a percentage of the total booth payment and it will be processed at the conclusion of the meeting. It is assessed as follows:
Through June 2 | No Fee
June 3-July 21 | 25%
July 22-August 11 | 50%
After August 11 | 100%
No refunds will be made for written notices received after August 11, 2017
Note: Marketing Support and Advertising purchases are nonrefundable.
What Is Included in Exhibit Space Rental
- Draped booth with 8-foot-high back drapes and 3-foot-high side divider drapes on rails. Drape colors are TBD.
- Identification sign (7″ x 44″) with company name and booth number
- Company name, telephone, website, exhibit description up to 50 words, and product categories (up to 10 per 10’x10’ booth) printed in the Meeting Program and on the meeting website. This information must be provided before the deadline to be included in the print materials (see ‘Deadlines’).
- Two complimentary scientific meeting registrations for each 10’x10’ booth purchased.
- Ten complimentary exhibitor badges per 10’ x10’ booth
- Ten Guest badges per 10’x10’ booth
- Exclusive opportunity to host a Tech Talk
- Exclusive opportunity to host workshops within your booth. Your booth must be of sufficient size and exhibitor must manage noise so as not to impact other exhibits.
- Exclusive opportunity to purchase the preregistration and the post conference mailing lists (note these are postal mailing lists and do not include email addresses)
- One copy of the Meeting Program per exhibit space
- Exhibit Floor perimeter security when exhibits are closed
- Complimentary job postings in the onsite Career Center
What to Order for Your Booth
No furnishings, carpet, electric, etc are included in your booth purchase. You may order these items and more from the Freeman Exhibitor Service Kit. Please note that the ASCB requires all exhibitors to purchase or provide carpet for their exhibit booths.
- Carpet (required)
- Lead Retrieval device
- Table(s) & Chair(s)
- Trash can(s)